Inspiration For All and From All

 Two boxes recently appeared in our school office and front lobby.



They were placed about three weeks ago, and I really didn't notice them.  Unfortunately, sometimes I'm moving so quickly that I don't pay attention to all of the details that happen in school.  Something, however, tugged at me each time I saw the boxes, and I finally took a look.

As you can see they are made by students, and they are Positive Notes Boxes---for all.  (I like that last part the best.)  Each box is filled with little notes from different students.  I've copied some of them here:

  • Don't give up!
  • You are cool.
  • Don't be shy to speak up.
  • You can and you will.
  • You are loved.
I am not speechless very often, but these notes really touched me.  As a school leader I sometimes fall into the trap thinking that all inspiration must come from me.  I know that is a very shallow approach towards leadership, and I combat those feelings on a regular basis.  These notes and boxes remind me why we do what we do and for whom.  I am humbled that simple carboard, markers, notebook paper, and kindness can be more powerful than my (sometimes) flashy videos or social media posts.  Our students know what is needed--for all.

In this final stretch of a school year that is incomparable to any other year our students just reminded this principal what is most important.  Thank you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Call to Action

I Won the Lottery

Transitions and Thank you